www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <danie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is possible to lunched Appache mirror in iran
Date Mon, 29 May 2017 10:34:25 GMT
Good morning Ahamed,

Ahamed Bauani wrote on Sun, 28 May 2017 18:33 +0600:
> Apache Foundation do not influence on any political issue. As long as there
> is no technical issue with mirrors and all requirement of having an
> official mirror are meet, everybody welcome to host apache official mirror.

While you're correct that the ASF is apolitical, it is incorporated in the USA and
is subject to that jurisdiction's laws.  It is possible that those laws make it
illegal for ASF to have an official mirror in Iran.  I'm not a lawyer and don't
know what the legal situation is, but I am sure Henk will have an official answer
when he sees this thread.

Daniel