www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Cem Karaca <ckar...@veriteknik.com>
Subject RE: Is possible to lunched Appache mirror in iran
Date Wed, 31 May 2017 10:48:29 GMT
Hello

Please let me know if you want to sync from Turkey,

Regards

Cem Karaca

From: Noel Butler [mailto:noel.butler@ausics.net]
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2017 1:10 PM
To: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: Re: Is possible to lunched Appache mirror in iran

On 31/05/2017 08:00, Ahamed Bauani wrote:

I really encourage you to go ahead with your plan for hosting Iranian mirror
of Apache repository even ASF don't listed your mirror as 'official one'. As
per my personal believe first target for any mirror maintainer to give local
community high

I agree, a reminder however that only USA mirrors and ASF are bound by USA
law, which has no legal standing in other countries, so perhaps a mirror not
based in the USA, such as in Europe, can reach out to this person and setup
an rsync feed for them so they can host a mirror, even if its not an
official one.

--

Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written authority
to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
then delete all copies of this message including attachments, immediately.
Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost by
reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only PDF
<http://www.adobe.com/>  and ODF <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument>
documents accepted, please do not send proprietary formatted documents