www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: /pub/apache/httpd/binaries/win32/
Date Tue, 30 Dec 2014 04:02:21 GMT

OpenOffice obviously do release official binaries, so is suited to this
list.

httpd does not as I have told you, I can not tell you why the project
pulled it, there was some chat some time ago about only supporting
official sources, either way it is of no relevance to this list.

And as for your previous message to me, YES, you were only getting it
for the past 7 years because someone was kind enough out of the goodness
of their heart to build it and put it up there.

On 30/12/2014 13:20, Matthew McGehrin -Reverse.Net- wrote:

> Hello.
>
> We have had discussions in the past about OpenOffice regarding what should be mirrored
or not. I do not see how this discussion is any different. I'm not going to join the Apache
httpd list to ask them why they removed the binaries from being distributed.

> sebb wrote:
> Please please please - this discussion does NOT belong on the mirrors list. The mirrors
list is for mirroring issues, not discussions about specific software releases that may or
may not be mirrored. Please do not add to the noise on this list any further, but take up
the isses with the HTTP Server team on the user mailing list. http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html
[1] Thank you for your co-operation. On 30 December 2014 at 01:35, Matthew McGehrin -Reverse.Net-
<support@reverse.net> wrote: That directory has had files in the past, and I have seen
where several sites have linked to that sub directory specifically. So, I guess for the past
7 years, the binaries folder was at someones pleasure? Noel Butler wrote: Apache httpd project
has _never_ published binaries. There are a couple of dev team members who choose to build
and put out a binary package for windows at their leisure, in other words, it may be there,
up to date, or completely out of date, or may vanish at any time, it is
and always has been, done as an "unofficial and friendly gesture" with zero guarantees. On
30/12/2014 00:11, Matthew McGehrin -Reverse.Net- wrote: Hello. When did the Apache project
stop providing win32 binaries for HTTP server project? If your going to stop providing binaries
for win32, then also stop providing binaries for netware as well.

Links:
------
[1] http://httpd.apache.org/lists.html