www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice 4.0 On Mirrors
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:13:04 GMT

OK Thanks, we'll delete our repo and cancel the rsyncs

To: mirrors@apache.org Subject: Re: OpenOffice 4.0 On Mirrors

> Hi,
>
>> Did you change your minds again? 4.1.1 only contains source
>
> Yep. Project Apache OpenOffice is happy with distributing (only)
> through sourceforge.net. Because the limited (bandwidth) resources
> of rsync.apache.org, putting the 40GB AOO-4.1.1 distro on the
> mirrors requires some work and, sofar, AOO doesn't see the need.
>
> So, for now, apache-dist == apache-most.
>
> Regards,
>
> Henk Penning
>
>> Cheers On 11/08/2013 20:30, Henk P. Penning wrote: On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, Noel Butler
wrote: Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:42:58 +1000 From: Noel Butler <noel.butler@ausics.net>
To: mirrors@apache.org Cc: Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> Subject: Re: OpenOffice 4.0
On Mirrors I wrote: For previous releases (3.4.0, 3.4.1), the main download page of Apache
OpenOffice also pointed to sourceforge.net for the binaries ; since traffic from mirrors was
virtually zero, it is pointless to have the binaries on the apache.org mirrors. Noel Butler
wrote: I would respectively disagree, I have always downloaded binaries from "FTP" mirrors,
until it was moved to ASF I find it inconvenient, and an annoyance to have to go to a website
to download a binary, when I could get it from my local FTP. Hi, ... we changed our mind about
"Openoffice binaries on the mirrors". About a week ago the old AOO (Apache OpenOffice) binaries
(27GB) were removed from the mirrors ; last week we added the 4.0.0 binaries (22GB).
At this moment almost all mirrors have everything ; for some mirrors it was quite a struggle
; we very much appreciate your efforts ; thanks! I expect there will soon be a reference to
"the AOO mirrors" on the AOO download pages. Thanks a lot, regards, Henk Penning ------------------------------------------------------------
_ Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta R Uithof BBL-761 _/ _ Faculty of Science, Utrecht University T
+31 30 253 4106 / _/ Princetonplein 5, 3584CC Utrecht, NL F +31 30 253 4553 _/ _/ http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/
[1] M penning@uu.nl _/

> Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta R Uithof BBL-761 _/ _
> Faculty of Science, Utrecht University T +31 30 253 4106 / _/
> Princetonplein 5, 3584CC Utrecht, NL F +31 30 253 4553 _/ _/
> http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ [1] M penning@uu.nl _/

Links:
------
[1] http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/