www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice 4.0 On Mirrors
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 07:59:31 GMT

Hi Henk,

Did you change your minds again? 4.1.1 only contains source

Cheers

On 11/08/2013 20:30, Henk P. Penning wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, Noel Butler wrote:
>
>> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:42:58 +1000 From: Noel Butler <noel.butler@ausics.net>
To: mirrors@apache.org Cc: Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> Subject: Re: OpenOffice 4.0
On Mirrors

> I wrote:
>
>> For previous releases (3.4.0, 3.4.1), the main download page of Apache OpenOffice
also pointed to sourceforge.net for the binaries ; since traffic from mirrors was virtually
zero, it is pointless to have the binaries on the apache.org mirrors.

> Noel Butler wrote:
>
>> I would respectively disagree, I have always downloaded binaries from "FTP" mirrors,
until it was moved to ASF I find it inconvenient, and an annoyance to have to go to a website
to download a binary, when I could get it from my local FTP.

> Hi,
>
> ... we changed our mind about "Openoffice binaries on the mirrors".
>
> About a week ago the old AOO (Apache OpenOffice) binaries (27GB) were
> removed from the mirrors ; last week we added the 4.0.0 binaries (22GB).
> At this moment almost all mirrors have everything ; for some mirrors it
> was quite a struggle ; we very much appreciate your efforts ; thanks!
> I expect there will soon be a reference to "the AOO mirrors" on
> the AOO download pages.
>
> Thanks a lot, regards,
>
> Henk Penning

> Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta R Uithof BBL-761 _/ _
> Faculty of Science, Utrecht University T +31 30 253 4106 / _/
> Princetonplein 5, 3584CC Utrecht, NL F +31 30 253 4553 _/ _/
> http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ [1] M penning@uu.nl _/

Links:
------
[1] http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/