www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: Mirrored Repository
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2014 08:12:29 GMT
On Tue, 26 Aug 2014, Andrew Wheller wrote:

> Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 17:54:33 +0200
> From: Andrew Wheller <andrew.wheller@catn.com>
> To: mirrors@apache.org
> Subject: Mirrored Repository
>
> Hello,
>
> My name's Andrew and I'm contacting you from CatN Hosting.
>
> We're currently mirroring your repository on our local servers. We are based
> in Aldershot, England (UK) and the mirror is available from this page:
>
> http://catn.com/mirrors/

Hi Andrew,

> I was wondering whether there was anywhere on your site we would be eligible
> for a link from?

   No ; with respect to mirrors, the only 'sponsor' related mechanism
   we have in place, is the one mentioned on our "how-to-mirror" page.

>                  And would it also be possible for the link on your page to
> point to our homepage instead?

   ... consequently, also "no".

   Regards,

   Henk Penning -- apache.org infra

> www.catn.com
>
> Let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing back from you again
> soon.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Andrew
>
> --
> CatN
>
> Andrew Wheller[fubra_social_facebook.png] [fubra_social_twitter.png]
> [fubra_social_google.png] [fubra_social_linkedin.png]
>
> Business Development Manager
> 0844 816 0018     andrew.wheller@catn.com     catn.com
> CatN is a trading style of Fubra Ltd. Fubra is a company limited by shares
> and registered in England and Wales with number 3967214 at Manor Coach
> House, Church Hill, Aldershot, Hampshire, GU12 4RQ. We are registered for
> VAT with number GB733667024, and as a data controller with number Z5193400.
> We are members of RIPE, Nominet, the Italian RA and registered with OfCom as
> a provider of electronic communications services.

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof BBL-761   _/ \_
Princetonplein 5, 3584CC Utrecht, NL      F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/