www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: OpenOffice 4.0 On Mirrors
Date Sun, 11 Aug 2013 10:30:56 GMT

Noel Butler wrote:

> I would respectively disagree, I have always downloaded binaries from "FTP"
> mirrors, until it was moved to ASF
>
> I find it inconvenient, and an annoyance to have to go to a website to
> download a binary, when I could get it from my local FTP.

Hi,

   ... we changed our mind about "Openoffice binaries on the mirrors".

   About a week ago the old AOO (Apache OpenOffice) binaries (27GB) were
   removed from the mirrors ; last week we added the 4.0.0 binaries (22GB).
   At this moment almost all mirrors have everything ; for some mirrors it
   was quite a struggle ; we very much appreciate your efforts ; thanks!
   I expect there will soon be a reference to "the AOO mirrors" on
   the AOO download pages.

   Thanks a lot, regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof BBL-761   _/ \_
Princetonplein 5, 3584CC Utrecht, NL      F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/