www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: OpenOffice 4.0 On Mirrors
Date Fri, 26 Jul 2013 06:20:45 GMT
On Fri, 26 Jul 2013, Alex Marz wrote:

> Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 03:17:34 +0200
> From: Alex Marz <alex@marz.ca>
> To: mirrors@apache.org
> Subject: OpenOffice 4.0 On Mirrors
>
> Noticed it does not appear to be available to mirrors yet? I would have
> assumed it would have been pushed prior to its release if Apache had
> intended to use it's mirror infrastructure.

Hi,

   See http://www.openoffice.org/download/ ;

   OpenOffice 4.0.0 binaries are made available by sourceforge.net ;
   the source is on apache mirrors (well before the announcement).

   For previous releases (3.4.0, 3.4.1), the main download page
   of Apache OpenOffice also pointed to sourceforge.net for the
   binaries ; since traffic from mirrors was virtually zero, it
   is pointless to have the binaries on the apache.org mirrors.

> Alex Marz

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof BBL-761   _/ \_
Princetonplein 5, 3584CC Utrecht, NL      F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/