www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Noel Butler <noel.but...@ausics.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice 4.0 On Mirrors
Date Sat, 27 Jul 2013 10:27:11 GMT
On Sat, 2013-07-27 at 10:11 +0200, Henk P. Penning wrote:

>    For AOO 4.0.0 is was decided (between infra and the release manager,
>    I think) to put the binaries on sourceforge and the sources on the
>    mirrors ; checksums, signatures etc are on the apache.org servers.
>    Apache OpenOffice and Apache Infra may change that decision, of course.

So this decision was made without polling the actual "mirrors"   *shakes
head*
search of our FTP logs, shows for last year alone, the source was
downloaded a humongous 3 times, in stark contrast to binaries
a quick look for rpm alone shows

~$ zgrep incubating_3.4.1_Linux_x86_install-rpm ftpd.log-*
ftpd.log-20120102.gz:104
ftpd.log-20120206.gz:219
ftpd.log-20120305.gz:262
ftpd.log-20120402.gz:136
ftpd.log-20120507.gz:94
ftpd.log-20120604.gz:298
ftpd.log-20120702.gz:14
ftpd.log-20120806.gz:0
ftpd.log-20120903.gz:172
ftpd.log-20121001.gz:0
ftpd.log-20121105.gz:3
ftpd.log-20121203.gz:58

ftpd.log-20130101.gz:62
ftpd.log-20130204.gz:1
ftpd.log-20130304.gz:36
ftpd.log-20130401.gz:0
ftpd.log-20130506.gz:19
ftpd.log-20130603.gz:23
ftpd.log-20130701.gz:6

I cant of course say how many are them are resumes, would have to be
generous and say maybe 5-10%
and this is just from an un-official mirror.
oh well, guess we'll kill that off now and reclaims some space :)