www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject Re: Mirror apache.vianett.no also supports FTP
Date Thu, 21 Mar 2013 07:54:25 GMT
On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, Morten Andersen wrote:

> Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 16:12:25 +0100
> From: Morten Andersen <morten@vianett.no>
> To: mirrors@apache.org
> Subject: Mirror apache.vianett.no also supports FTP
>
> Hi,
> It seems that our mirror is not listed under FTP on the mirror site.
>
> FTP is enabled on both IPv4 and IPv6 on this address:
> ftp://apache.vianett.no/pub/apache

   We like http a lot more than ftp ;-)

   These days we list ftp only when there are special circumstances ;
   for instance when a mirror is the first in a country and the
   site can't use an apache httpd. It is not a very strict policy.

> / Morten

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof WISK-412  _/ \_
Budapestlaan 6, 3584CD Utrecht, NL        F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penning@uu.nl     \_/