www-mirrors mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache OpenOffice distribution
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:17:04 GMT
On 23 January 2013 15:02, Mitry Matyushkov <ftp@mgts.by> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As far as I see now and did some time ago OpenOffice files are served via
> SourceForge mirrors. So does it still make sense to distribute them over
> other mirrors under rsync.apache.org::apache-dist?

Please see:

http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html#Techniques

If you wish to exclude resource-intensive projects, replace
::apache-dist by ::apache-dist-most.
(At the time of writing, the ::apache-dist module was 68GB and the
::apache-dist-most module a 35GB subset of it.)
Do not use --exclude for this purpose.

> Regards,
> Mitry.
>
> PS. BTW, who should I ask now to remove my mirror (ftp.byfly.by) from the
> former openoffice mirror list?

I would ask on one of the OpenOffice lists: