www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "dataguru" <datag...@139.com>
Subject Re: Re: 404 errors
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 12:27:18 GMT
sorry, our server crashed yesterday, but it is ok now. thanks

2012-11-01

dataguru

发件人: Henk P. Penning
发送时间: 2012-11-01  15:46:16
收件人: mirrors@apache.org
抄送:
主题: Re: 404 errors

On Thu, 1 Nov 2012, admin@buddha.linuxtourist.com wrote:
> Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 01:34:09 +0100
> From: admin@buddha.linuxtourist.com
> To: mirrors@apache.org
> Subject: 404 errors
>
> Greetings,
>
>     I'm a new mirror maintainer and had 2 questions:
>
> 1.  How do I get added to mirror maintainers' list?  Have sent several
> requests but haven't heard back.
Hi,
   To subscribe: see the "how-to-mirror" :
     http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html
     a specific address (like admin@hostname.example), send mail
     to "mirrors-subscribe-admin=example.org@apache.org".
   Avoid spam-points ; don't send html mail.
> 2.  I'm seeing about 20 - 40 404 errors per day and would like some help
> troubleshooting this issue.  When I attempt to download the files causing
> these errors, I'm able to do so.  What could be causing this?
   Mirrors are always a little 'behind' www.apache.org ; ASF projects
   are asked to wait 24h after publishing stuff, before announcing it.
   Also, it may take an hour to get stuff from www.apache.org to all
   the ASF rsync servers.
   The ASF only links to mirrors that are reasonable up-to-date ;
   it doesn't check that a mirror actually has the stuff it links to ;
   ASF projects may link to files (on mirrors) that don't exist (anymore).
   Also, search engines may re-fetch (unlinked) files.
   So, unless a substantial percentage of requests result in 404's,
   you shouldn't worry too much about them.
> Danny
   Regards,
   HPP
Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof WISK-412  _/ \_
Budapestlaan 6, 3584CD Utrecht, NL        F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.