www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Heiko Richter <lists-apa...@heikorichter.name>
Subject Re: Cron <apachemirror@www> /home/apachemirror/bin/mirror cron
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:27:56 GMT
Am 2012-07-28 16:52, schrieb Sascha E. Pollok:
> Hallo Heiko, et al,
>
> On Sat, 28 Jul 2012, Heiko Richter wrote:
>
>> And another one...

Wether or not the directories and their contents are importent or not
is completely irrelevant. The cron daemon does neighter know nor care
about the importance and sends me an email with the error messages after
every sync run. All mirror admins have that problem and it's just
annoying...

> Of course we could all hide symptoms but thats not what we really
> want.
> Especially following our previous discussion fixing rights is not
> working
> on the root cause - of course. And even then, the "find" might run
> after
> uploads with wrong rights and a client syncing.
> So errors again.

Of course that could happen, but running a find command in regular
intervals would reduce the count of emails. Every mirror admin would
receive a maximum of 1 email before the error is automatically fixed. At
the moment we receive several (one for every sync run) until someone
with access to the archive master reads their emails and corrects the
problem.

> I bet Henk and the others will eventually come up with a good
> solution ;-)

And until they do, a script with find correcting wrong permissions
automatically is - in my oppinion - the best solution.