www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Joachim Tingvold" <jo...@komsys.org>
Subject Re: [Drift] A lot of spam via mirrors-mailinglist?
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2012 09:34:53 GMT
On 14 Jun 2012, at 9:56, Wolfgang wrote:
> Who can post to this mailing group and why is there no spam check
> before messages got delivered?

Hi,

They probably don't send it to the mailing list, but directly to your
email. This is probably because the spammers scraped your email address
from the Issue Tracker[1]:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-4890>

And yes, it's publicly available.

I've also noticed that spam started flowing into our apache-specific
email address after I registered our mirror on the Issue Tracker. Maybe
the policy for this should be changed, or at least make the Issue
Tracker require a registration to browse it? (at least the
mirror-section).

[1] <https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa>

--
Joachim