www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject rsync frequency
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2012 18:49:52 GMT
Hi Apache.org Mirrors,

   we noticed that many mirrors rsync much more frequent
   than "once or twice" a day. See :

     http://people.apache.org/~henkp/rstats/aurora/month.html
     http://people.apache.org/~henkp/rstats/eos/month.html

   The "how-to-mirror" requirements now say :

     You must do an update-check at least once a day,
     and preferably twice a day.
     You may sync 4 times (max) per day, but only if you
     have a slow or weak connection, causing timeouts.

   Earlier it said :

     .. once a day and preferably between 2 and 4 times per day.

   Please help us : check your rsync frequency and set it to
   "once or twice a day".

   We are expecting a few big releases. If too many mirrors
   try to pick up the updates at the same time, it is hard
   on our infrastructure.

   Thanks a lot, regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta              R Uithof WISK-412  _/ \_
Faculty of Science, Utrecht University T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Budapestlaan 6, 3584CD Utrecht, NL     F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://people.cs.uu.nl/henkp/          M penning@uu.nl     \_/