www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <penn...@uu.nl>
Subject [thanks] Re: openoffice at apache.org
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:09:40 GMT
Hi,

   last monday, I sent you the mail below, regarding "mirroring
   Apache openoffice". A big thanks for all the replies!

   => If you haven't responded yet, please do so now.
   => If you have questions, please let us know.

   The replies are summarized here :

     http://people.apache.org/~henkp/ooo/poll/

   Many of you said "no problem" ; that's great. More than
   25% said "problem" and that is a concern. We understand
   that not everyone, in every country, has a fast network
   connection, and we want to stay "mirrored worldwide".

   Regarding an "opt-out", we are working on that ; we think
   we can fix the technical problems with the 'redirector',
   but there may be other policy issues.

   Thanks again, regards,

   Henk Penning -- apache.org infrastructure

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta              R Uithof WISK-412  _/ \_
Faculty of Science, Utrecht University T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Budapestlaan 6, 3584CD Utrecht, NL     F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://people.cs.uu.nl/henkp/          M penning@uu.nl     \_/