www-mirrors mailing list archives

From The SC Postmaster <postmas...@spinellicreations.com>
Subject Re: openoffice at apache.org
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2012 16:38:54 GMT
I just don't understand why --yet another-- open office distribution?

Or am I wrong?  I am assuming "Apache Open Office" will be another spin
of Open Office dot Org office suite.  It's already been forked to Libre
Office, which has been adopted by Red Hat and Canonical as their defacto
office suites, and it's gaining ground.

I'm not sure what happened, but somebody at Oracle pissed off the rest
of the Linux / Open Source community, and now there's a pissing match
going on... just trying to understand if Apache's distribution will be
yet another fork / spin, or if it's a direct mirror of Open Office dot Org.

... which, if it is a direct mirror, then why even bother?  They already
have their own mirror structure?

The SC Postmaster
"All your base are belong to us."
postmaster@spinellicreations.com