www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Neil Bright <neil.bri...@oit.gatech.edu>
Subject apache mirror @ gatech.edu
Date Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:45:44 GMT
We're still recovering from a catastrophic RAID failure.  Should only be another day or two.
 Maybe even today with a little luck.

On Oct 26, 2011, at 12:52 AM, apmirror@apache.org wrote:

> Hi lxmirror@gtlib.gatech.edu,
>
>  thanks for supporting apache.org with your apache mirror at
>
>    http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/apache/
>
>  We have looked at your mirror and it is now 12 days old.
>  Please see the overview of the state of all apache mirrors :
>
>    http://www.apache.org/mirrors/
>
>  If your mirror becomes too much out-of-date,
>  we will have to delete it from the mirror list.
>
>  If you have questions, please look up the how-to-mirror page
>
>    http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html
>
>  or send mail to the mirrors list (mirrors@apache.org).
>
>  NOTE : this reminder mail is generated automatically, and
> 	 it is sent once a week to mirrors over 3 days old.
>
>  Thanks, regards,
>
>  The apache.org mirror team.
>
>  ----------------------------------------------------------------
>
>  Some quick reference info :
>
>  -- apache rsync sources for your apache mirror :
>
>       europe : rsync.eu.apache.org
>       usa    : rsync.us.apache.org
>       world  : rsync.apache.org
>
>  -- rsync command to use :
>
>       rsync -rtlzv --delete SOURCE::apache-dist /path/to/mirror
>
>     where SOURCE is one of the apache rsync sources.
>
>     Use --progress when you rsync 'by hand'.
>
>  -- your crontab entry should be like
>
>       MIN HR * * * /usr/bin/rsync ..........
>
>     where MIN (for minute) is some number between 0 and 59
>     and HR for (hour) is a number between 0 and 23 ; example
>
>       42  7 * * * /usr/bin/rsync .....
>       23 21 * * * /usr/bin/rsync .....
>
>     Please don't use minute 0, because everybody does that :-)
>
>       BAD            : 0 21 * * * /usr/bin/rsync .....
>
>     Never, never use minute * ; you will sync *every*minute*.
>
>       VERY, VERY BAD : * 21 * * * /usr/bin/rsync .....
>
>  -- frequency : once or twice a day is fine ;
>     more than four times a day is too much.

Neil Bright (neil.bright@oit.gatech.edu)                  (404) 385-6954
OIT - Academic and Research Technologies/Georgia Institute of Technology
258 Fourth Street, Rich Bldg, Rm 266 / Atlanta, GA  30332-0700