www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Sascha E. Pollok" <mirror-apa...@iphh.net>
Subject Re: ipv6 support
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:17:45 GMT
> i've done the google thing, and it's not exactly giving me the answers i'm
> looking for.  basically, i'm wondering "what's the benefit of ipv6?"  and
> "what's the whole idea behind it / how does it work?".

There will be users who do not have an IPv4 address as they run out
sometime in the very near future (can almost smell it). And there
will be servers who we can not assign an IPv4 address to as there
are none anymore.

We do have to switch to and support IPv6 *now*!

> if anybody has a web link to a quick an dirty answer to the above, shoot it
> my way.

http://www.ipv6actnow.org/

Good luck
Sascha