www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Daniel Grant <ad...@linhub.com>
Subject Re: my mirror
Date Sat, 08 Aug 2009 18:01:32 GMT
The reason is most likely this, sent to the mailing list by Henk
Penning in June:

  recently we looked at the mirrors regarding our requirements.

    http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

  It says among other things:

    You must carry the complete site, with no local changes -
particularly
    HEADER.html and README.html files must not be altered or removed ;

    In addition, we require that you run the Apache HTTP Server version
    1.3.26 or 2.0.43 or later and use the following configuration for
your
    web mirror to allow all the features of our download site to
function
    optimally:

        <Directory /path/to/mirror>
        IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* FoldersFirst \
          ScanHTMLTitles DescriptionWidth=*
        HeaderName HEADER.html
        ReadmeName README.html
        AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes