www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <he...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject RE: Mirror Disappeared from List?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:18:39 GMT
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Arpana Tiwari wrote:

> Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:45:00 -0700
> From: Arpana Tiwari <arpana@become.com>
> To: mirrors@apache.org
> Subject: RE: Mirror Disappeared from List?
>
> I just checked our mirror and it is also not on the list anymore.

Hi Arpana Tiwari,

   Some time ago I posted on this list the new (relaxed) requirements
   regarding the addition of 'sponsor information' on apache mirrors.

     http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

     You must carry the complete site, with no local changes - particularly
     HEADER.html and README.html files must not be altered or removed ; see
     below for adding sponsor information

     You can add sponsor information as follows :

         * edit the file /local/path/to/mirror/README.html
         * add to your rsync options --exclude "/README.html"

     The contents of README.html will appear near the bottom of your
     mirror's home page.

     Please note that only the home-page (top-level) README.html may be
     customized in this way; all other README.html files must be mirrored
     unchanged. Don't omit the '/' in "/README.html".

   Some sites that replace all README files, were removed from the list.

> Arpana

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, Computer Systems Group       R Uithof CGN-A232  _/ \_
Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University  T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Padualaan 14, 3584CH Utrecht, the Netherlands F +31 30 253 2804 \_/ \_/
http://people.cs.uu.nl/henkp/                 M penning@cs.uu.nl  \_/