www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <he...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re: Mirror Disappeared from List?
Date Thu, 25 Jun 2009 23:08:44 GMT
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Peter Grigor wrote:

> Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:21:36 -0400
> From: Peter Grigor <pgrigor@hoobly.com>
> To: mirrors@apache.org
> Subject: Mirror Disappeared from List?
>
> Hey there:
>
> We've been an apache mirror for several years. It seems we're not on
> the list any more, any reason why?

Peter,

   recently we looked at the mirrors regarding our requirements.

     http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

   It says among other things:

     You must carry the complete site, with no local changes - particularly
     HEADER.html and README.html files must not be altered or removed ;

     In addition, we require that you run the Apache HTTP Server version
     1.3.26 or 2.0.43 or later and use the following configuration for your
     web mirror to allow all the features of our download site to function
     optimally:

         <Directory /path/to/mirror>
         IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* FoldersFirst \
           ScanHTMLTitles DescriptionWidth=*
         HeaderName HEADER.html
         ReadmeName README.html
         AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes
         Options Indexes
         SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
         </Directory>

   It appears that apache.mirrors.hoobly.com runs lighttpd/1.4.19 ;
   more important it doesn't show the contents of README and HEADER
   files in directory listings. Many projects put important info in
   those files, and expect downloaders to see them in overviews.

> Peter

   Regards,

   Henk Penning -- apache.org infrastructure

Henk P. Penning, Computer Systems Group       R Uithof CGN-A232  _/ \_
Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University  T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Padualaan 14, 3584CH Utrecht, the Netherlands F +31 30 253 2804 \_/ \_/
http://people.cs.uu.nl/henkp/                 M penning@cs.uu.nl  \_/