www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Tarek Mhamdi" <tarek.mha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Mirror] Mirror Disappeared from List?
Date Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:15:20 GMT
Hello,

The mirror at http://mirrors.enquira.com/apache/ is also fixed now. Please put it back in
the list.

Logo: http://mirrors.enquira.com/logo.gif

Thanks,
Tarek

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Bartley
  To: mirrors@apache.org
  Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 12:48 AM
  Subject: Re: [Mirror] Mirror Disappeared from List?

  My mirror (http://mirror.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/apache/) is also not listed. I believe this
was due to missing HEADER.html, which has now been fixed. Could you re-add the mirror (or
let me know if I need to make additional changes/fixes).

  Thanks,
  David

  On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Henk P. Penning <henkp@cs.uu.nl> wrote:

    On Thu, 25 Jun 2009, Peter Grigor wrote:

    > Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 18:21:36 -0400
    > From: Peter Grigor <pgrigor@hoobly.com>

    > To: mirrors@apache.org
    > Subject: Mirror Disappeared from List?
    >

    > Hey there:
    >
    > We've been an apache mirror for several years. It seems we're not on
    > the list any more, any reason why?

    Peter,

      recently we looked at the mirrors regarding our requirements.

        http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

      It says among other things:

        You must carry the complete site, with no local changes - particularly
        HEADER.html and README.html files must not be altered or removed ;

        In addition, we require that you run the Apache HTTP Server version
        1.3.26 or 2.0.43 or later and use the following configuration for your
        web mirror to allow all the features of our download site to function
        optimally:

            <Directory /path/to/mirror>
            IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* FoldersFirst \
              ScanHTMLTitles DescriptionWidth=*
            HeaderName HEADER.html
            ReadmeName README.html
            AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes
            Options Indexes
            SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
            </Directory>

      It appears that apache.mirrors.hoobly.com runs lighttpd/1.4.19 ;
      more important it doesn't show the contents of README and HEADER
      files in directory listings. Many projects put important info in
      those files, and expect downloaders to see them in overviews.

    > Peter

      Regards,

      Henk Penning -- apache.org infrastructure