www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Silio d' Angelo" <dang...@gno.uniroma2.it>
Subject Re: Unusual Traffic
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 04:19:52 GMT
I'm experiencing the same problem since few months; it looks like a DOS
attack. From one IP they are issued many requests for the same file
and all terminate with a status code of 206. The total amount of
transerred bytes for that file and that IP is usually from 10 to 50
times the total size of the requested file. Another common
characteristic of these aggressive IP is that they don't resolve the
reverse address. On my server they are about 4-5 at times, but never
the same during the day. Please let me know if you find a winning
strategy to block them; until now I didn't succeed.

Good luck and thanks in advance,
                                 Silio ( dangelo@gno.uniRoma2.it )

On Mon, 11 May 2009, Matthew Jones wrote:

> Hmm it was 3 or 4 different IP's but all fetching the same files at more or
> less the same time, I'll block them for now unless I hear otherwise.
>
> Cheers.
>
> 2009/5/11 Ryan Barclay <ryan@rbftpnetworks.com>
[ . . . ]