www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Gavin" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: Rsync Error
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 04:36:04 GMT
Hi Harry,

seems you were blocked for too many and too often connections.

I have had the block removed, so you should be fine again, please check your
crontab to make sure it is set correctly.

Thanks

Gav…

From: Harry Walter [mailto:harry.walter@lqdinternet.com]
Sent: Monday, 28 July 2008 5:31 PM
To: mirrors@apache.org
Subject: Rsync Error

Hi all,

Did ask a little while back. I’m having trouble syncing with the apache
repo. It all stopped working about n3 days ago, well since the email was
sent with the out of date mirrors for July list.

Every time my server tries to sync i get the following message:

Rsyncing...

@ERROR: access denied to apache-dist from unknown (72.29.84.91)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(359)

My Rsync command is:

/usr/bin/rsync -rtlzv --delete rsync.us.apache.org::apache-dist
/home2/mirrors/public_html/apache/

Anybody got any idea how to fix this, as I’m at a loss. All other Rsync
setups on the box work fine.

Harry Walter

LQD Internet
27 St Georges Avenue
Warblington
Havant
Hampshire
PO9 2RU

Web:  www.lqdinternet.com
Mob: 07849503950

LQD Internet Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales. Company
Registration Number: 06509325

This electronic message contains information from LQD Internet which may be
privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use
of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received this
electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the
number or address above) immediately. Activity and use of the LQD Internet
email system is monitored to secure its effective operation and for other
lawful business purposes. Communications using this system will also be
monitored and may be recorded to secure effective operation and for other
lawful business purposes.

NB: Any quotation supplied does not form part of any contract. All pricing
quotations are indicative and for budgetary purposes only. All quotes are
subject to survey, valid for 30 days and exclusive of VAT and local taxes.
LQD's standard terms and conditions apply.