www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Henk P. Penning" <he...@cs.uu.nl>
Subject Re: Bandwidth usage of a mirror
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 13:58:04 GMT
On Mon, 26 May 2008, Shaun Ewing wrote:

> Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 22:54:19 +1000
> From: Shaun Ewing <s.ewing@aussiehq.com.au>
> To: "mirrors@apache.org" <mirrors@apache.org>
> Subject: Bandwidth usage of a mirror
>

> Hi All,
>

> We are considering putting in an offer to become an Australian mirror for
> Apache as there is presently only one Australian mirror, and were
> wondering what sort of bandwidth requirements are involved.

Hi,

   Apache tries to direct downloaders in .au to the .au mirrors.
   Since there is now one .au mirror (apache.wildit.net.au), a
   fair estimate of the bandwidth required would be half of what
   apache.wildit.net.au needs now.

> Shaun Ewing

   Regards,

   Henk Penning

Henk P. Penning, Computer Systems Group       R Uithof CGN-A232  _/ \_
Dept of Computer Science, Utrecht University  T +31 30 253 4106 / \_/ \
Padualaan 14, 3584CH Utrecht, the Netherlands F +31 30 253 2804 \_/ \_/
http://people.cs.uu.nl/henkp/                 M penning@cs.uu.nl  \_/