www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Gav...." <brightoncomput...@brightontown.com.au>
Subject RE: Some new mirrors added, some outstanding requests.
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 13:06:08 GMT

Hi Augusto,

When someone selects an Apache project for download, if you are the
preferred mirror already selected, due to their proximity to your mirror,
then your logo appears on that projects download page. Also, to be 'the'
preferred mirror - the first one on the list and with your logo shown, your
mirror must have been updated less than 24 hrs from the request of the
download.

For instance, goto http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi which is the Apache
Server project download page. In your case you will see a default mirror in
your Area, if they have a logo, it will be displayed. If it is your mirror,
then your logo will be displayed. If not, you should be able to choose your
mirror from the dropdown menu of 'Other Mirrors'. Being in Australia, I can
not select your mirror from my dropdown list.

Your question makes me think that you were expecting the logo on the
www.apache.org/mirrors/ page. This has never been the case, but I will
discuss it with other Admin and see whether this is a viable idea.

Does any of that help?

Gav...