www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Sascha E. Pollok" <mirror-apa...@iphh.net>
Subject Re: Apache Mirrors: Update rsync URL
Date Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:57:02 GMT
> ACTION: Please Confirm that the rsync url for mirroring Apache Software
> is using one of the following domains:
>
>     rsync.apache.org
>
>     rsync.us.apache.org
>
>     rsync.eu.apache.org
>

> It has come to our attention that many mirrors are incorrectly using
> www.apache.org as their rsync source.

Confirmed. apache.mirror.iphh.net (Germany) has been using
rsync.eu.apache.org for quite some time. If that is interesting,
we might consider offering a fall-back for rsync.eu.apache.org.
Our backup-server has lots of spare capacity. Thats just a suggestion.

Have a nice last day of the year 2006.

Cheers
Sascha

--
Sascha E. Pollok                     E-Mail: sp@iphh.net
Manager Netops, CCNP                 Tel: +49 (0)40 374919-10