www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Off-Line Mirrors
Date Sat, 28 Oct 2006 17:46:13 GMT
On 10/28/06, dshurr@bw-ds.org <dshurr@bw-ds.org> wrote:

> I think most of all, the nolonger valid mirrors need to be removed and
> when possible add the new ones.

Thanks for all the info.  But you'll note that we keep track of all this at
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/

So we know about all these already.  And in addition, mirrors that
don't test as valid are automatically removed from the rotation that
we use to select "preferred" mirrors on our download pages.  So it
doesn't really hurt us when the bad mirrors hang around in our list
for a while.

But yes, it would be nice if the mirror list was updated soon.  I'll
get to it if I can, but if other apache infrastructure folks are
listening, you're welcome to jump in.

Joshua.