www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: rsync timing out
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:00:12 GMT
On 10/25/06, paul kaiser <pkize@yahoo.com> wrote:
> the past several days the mirror server at lewis university has been timing
> when trying to rsync with rsync.apache.org::apache-dist
>
> we rsync with several other sites and have not experienced a comparable
> problem.
> none of our rsync script files have been changed.
>
> our server is linux.cs.lewisu.edu with IP address64.81.231.195.
>
> any information you might be able to provide would be helpful.

In the process of moving colocation providers, the host of
rsync.apache.org has died.  It will be brought back eventually.

Since rsync.apache.org is hosted on the same machine where we do
release deployments, you aren't missing any changes.  So please just
hang tight while we fix this.

I'll try to send a message when we get back up again.

Joshua.