www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Alexander Leonov <a.leo...@sh.cvut.cz>
Subject Re: mirroring tool
Date Mon, 06 Feb 2006 09:42:32 GMT
Subredu Manuel wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to make an annoucement. The tool used by RoEduNet Iasi to
>sync the mirrors and make the mirror reports
>(http://ftp.iasi.roedu.net/mirrors-status/),
>is available to the public. The name of the tool is simba, and the
>web site is http://simba.packages.ro . Simba, is developed by me,
>and it has been used in production for 6 months at RoEduNet Iasi.
> If you have some spare time, give it a try :) I would appreciate
>any feedback (positive or negative) and sugestions.

Hello.

Your Simba looks very good. And have some good features. Im using my own
written scripts (still underconstruction):
http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/WEB/docs/
U can see some sources there (I'm beginner in bash scripting :-/ ).
Scripts are generating nice web page with simple status:
http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/WEB/
And some rrd graphs:
http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/WEB/var/apache.png
Logs:
http://ftp.sh.cvut.cz/WEB/var/apache.log
for each mirror modul.
Maybe u can find there some inspiration and upgrade your Simba.

Good luck with developing.

Alexander Leonov
Silicon Hill, Czech Republic