www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Valentino D'Ostilio <v...@gdi-tech.com>
Subject Re: Mirrors under attack?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 16:54:29 GMT
Thorsten Neckel wrote:

> Hello!
> Are (some of) the Apache mirrors under some kind of attack? Currently
> I have about 1 req. per 30 seconds for httpd-2.0.54.tar.gz. Most of
> the requests came from 218.103., 218,215.,219.78 and 203,168. Always
> the same file.
>
> regards
> thorsten

Get used to it.  I've experienced this type of activity from various
sources since becomming an official mirror.  I usually block the
offending class C via iptables/pf and go from there.  (Flushing blocks
every 6 months).  Not sure what else can be done to thwart/prevent this
type of abuse.  Are they intentionally trying to consume $ resources?  A
misconfiguration somewhere (unlikely)? Any ideas?

-Valentino