www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Gabriel Espinosa de los Monteros <gespin...@inca.gob.mx>
Subject Re: Mirrors under attack?
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2005 18:17:47 GMT
El Jue 15 Sep 2005 11:54, Valentino D'Ostilio escribiĆ³:
> Thorsten Neckel wrote:
> > Hello!
> > Are (some of) the Apache mirrors under some kind of attack? Currently
> > I have about 1 req. per 30 seconds for httpd-2.0.54.tar.gz. Most of
> > the requests came from 218.103., 218,215.,219.78 and 203,168. Always
> > the same file.
> >
> > regards
> > thorsten
>
> Get used to it.  I've experienced this type of activity from various
> sources since becomming an official mirror.  I usually block the
> offending class C via iptables/pf and go from there.  (Flushing blocks
> every 6 months).  Not sure what else can be done to thwart/prevent this
> type of abuse.  Are they intentionally trying to consume $ resources?  A
> misconfiguration somewhere (unlikely)? Any ideas?
>

> -Valentino

I have the same problem here, but looks like is a spybot, just like the google
or altavista uses to search pages. I thing theres nothing we can do, but
looks like it does not consume a lot of resources, it just search inside
the .tar.gz for the names of the files

--
Atte.
Gabriel Espinosa de los Monteros