www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Tim Yocum <...@playboy.com>
Subject JIRA/Maintenance Reminder & Info.
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:00:08 GMT
Hi all!

I figured now might be a good time to remind everyone that there is
an issue tracking tool that you should use for requesting addition,
removal, or otherwise making a change to an existing mirror. This
tool can also be used to report problems with other mirrors that you
might notice. In short, if you want to make sure someone takes note
of a problem or concern, file it in JIRA. The mailing list is great,
but it's very helpful to have issues tagged and tracked via a real
ticketing system.

If you've never used JIRA before, I highly recommend becoming
acquainted with how it works as it's a fantastic tool.

To access the right place on the ASF JIRA, simply navigate to http://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA and then drill down to the
"Mirrors" component.

Also, when turning up new mirrors or adjusting your own, please make
sure that you follow the How-To document very closely:

http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

Thanks!

- Tim