www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Use of mirrors@apache.org...
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2004 20:16:43 GMT

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Peter Losher wrote:

> Question - As subscribing to this list was part of the "How to become a Apache
> mirror", is there any practical use to remain part of this list if you are
> already a official mirror?  (i.e. are there official announcements that we as
> mirrors should read?)
>
> Because all I see here are a stream of mirror applications, and discussions on
> how they are not complying with the mirror requirements, and I'd rather save
> you all the CPU and bandwidth of sending me all that. :)

Yes, unfortunately, this list is a combined
submission/discussion/announcement list.  It would be nice if we could
have a separate channel for the first topic (submission) to lighten the
bandwidth on this list.  We did have it at one point, but it wasn't
monitored very effectively, so mirror requests wound up getting ignored.

If there is a general feeling that there is too much traffic on this list
(and hence it won't serve its purpose as an announcement list), we can try
to redirect submissions to another location (like the bug database).

Opinions?

Joshua.