www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Denis" <de...@officepark.ru>
Subject Mirror apache.officepark.ru - please add FTP
Date Tue, 02 Nov 2004 15:16:01 GMT
I have noticed that no FTP for ftp://apache.officepark.ru was added.  Please note that we support
both FTP and HTTP:

HTTP
http://apache.officepark.ru/

FTP
ftp://apache.officepark.ru/

Thanks,
Denis
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Denis
  To: mirrors@apache.org
  Sent: Friday, October 15, 2004 12:20 PM
  Subject: Re: New mirror apache.officepark.ru

  Dear Erik et all,

  I have added FTP as well:

  ftp://apache.officepark.ru

  You may add it to the list of mirrors for Russia.

  For anyone intended to become a mirror and willing to estimate the resources needed, you
may probably consider the following data.  The data are for Russia, but probably if you take
into account the number of Internet users in your country vs. Russia and number of Apache
mirrors for your country vs. Russia, you may come up with some rough figure.

  Average downloads from http://apache.officepark.ru: 1 GB a day
  % of downloads from inside of Russia: 99.94%
  Number of Apache mirrors in Russia: 3
  Number of Internet users in Russia: 14M

  Thanks,
  Denis

  > - URL of mirror: http://apache.officepark.ru
  > - Country where the mirror is located: Russia
  > - Contact email address: denis@officepark.ru
  > - Update frequency: every 6 hours (at 1, 7, 13, 19 MSK)
  > - Rsync repository used: rsync.eu.apache.org
  > - Approximate bandwidth: 100 Mbps
  > - I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror
  > (yes/no): yes

  Thanks,
  Denis