www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: New Mirror
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:19:55 GMT

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Erik Abele wrote:
>> Also is there any particular artwork for
>> mirrors to use to link to their mirror or the main site or should I use
>> http://www.apache.org/images/asf_logo.gif
>
> The ASF logo is a trademark and therefore can't be used on your own pages
> without prior written permission from the ASF. Though, as said, you can
> always provide your own logo and we will inline it on the download pages. See
> the last paragraph on http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html for
> details.

Just for clarity, the logo policy is here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#logo

You are, in fact, allowed to use the asf_logo.gif, as long as you aren't
implying any sort of endorsement.

(Really, we should have a better set of public-use logos.  The
asf_logo.gif is not a great one for that purpose.)

Joshua.