www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Apache mirrors Europe: New rsync location
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2004 13:46:03 GMT
Hello Apache mirrors,

We are in the process of trying to take some load off our main web machine
and provide a more efficient, distributed infrastructure.  As a step in
that process, we now have a satellite rsync repository in Europe.  We
would therefore like to make the following request:

If your Apache mirror is in or near Europe, please change your rsync
repository to rsync.eu.apache.org::apache-dist

The content is exactly the same as our main repository, and is updated
hourly.

Non-European mirrors should also consider changing to use the new
canonical name of our main rsync repository:
rsync.apache.org::apache-dist.  At the present time, this points to
exactly the same location as www.apache.org::apache-dist, but we may
choose to change the location in the future.

Recommended configuration details are, as always, available at
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html

If you have any questions or problems, please address them to this list
(mirrors@apache.org).

Thanks for providing an Apache mirror!

Joshua Slive
Apache Software Foundation