www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Apache mirror at the UK Mirror Service
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:32:53 GMT
On 22.09.2004, at 15:54, Adam Sampson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm from the UK Mirror Service. We've had an Apache mirror for a while
> (we ran mirror.ac.uk from 1999 until 2004 -- that domain name's now
> used
> by the new JISC National Mirror Service, and we've moved to
> mirrorservice.org), but we're not currently listed on the Apache mirror
> list.

Um, we still have http://www.mirror.ac.uk/mirror/ftp.apache.org/ and
ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.apache.org/, see
http://www.apache.org/mirrors/.

> Here's the requested information:
>
> URLs of mirror:
>   http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.apache.org/
>   ftp://ftp.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.apache.org/
>   rsync://rsync.mirrorservice.org/ftp.apache.org/

> I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror:
>   partly (we've got a custom web interface that lets users browse
> inside
>   archives, rather than using the stock Apache directory listings)

Looks basically good but I'd be happier if the interface would display
the README/HEADER files instead of only pointing at them.

Another consequence of this configuration is that other relevant
customizations carried in the .htaccess files are simply missing, for
example the AddType directive in /httpd/binaries/win32/.htaccess: it's
needed to get the correct content-type for some of the files, e.g.
http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.apache.org/httpd/binaries/win32/
apache_1.3.29-win32-x86-src.msi

Cheers,
Erik