www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Apache mirror at the UK Mirror Service
Date Sat, 25 Sep 2004 17:09:49 GMT
On 23.09.2004, at 23:36, Adam Sampson wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 2004 at 08:32:53PM +0200, Erik Abele wrote:
>> Um, we still have http://www.mirror.ac.uk/mirror/ftp.apache.org/ and
>> ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.apache.org/
>
> Yes, but those don't point to us any more. mirror.ac.uk's now being run
> by a different organisation, who also have an Apache mirror; you'll
> probably want to list both.

Ah, my fault, I misunderstood your first message. I read it as the new
ones should replace the old ones instead of being added...

>> Looks basically good but I'd be happier if the interface would display
>> the README/HEADER files instead of only pointing at them.
> [plus more broken stuff]
>
> OK -- I've updated our configuration so that it's using your preferred
> options now (and disabled our archive browser for that mirror). Does
> <http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.apache.org/> look all right to
> you?

Looks great now and I've added it to our list, thanks for your
contribution!

Btw, you also indicated that you could update your mirror every six
hours instead of only once per day. We'd actually prefer that ;) Thanks
again.

Cheers,
Erik