www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: New Mirror
Date Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:29:42 GMT
On 16.09.2004, at 16:23, Zac Shenker wrote:

> Hi,
> I am an assistant administrator from the web hosting company
> Qualsec.net, I have the rsync command running at the moment to setup
> an apache mirror the details are as follows:
>
> 	• 	URL of mirror – http://mirrors.qualsec.net/apache, looking into
> linking that dir to FTP too at a later stage

We very much prefer HTTP mirrors so there's no real need to set up FTP
access, especially for the US mirrors (we already have a bunch of US
FTP mirrors).

> 	• 	Country where the mirror is located – United States
> 	• 	Contact email address – assistantadmin@qualsec.net
> 	• 	Update frequency – Undecided at this stage hoping at least once
> per day, I also need help with what specific rsync command to run for
> updates

We require at least one update per day, preferably between 2 and 4
times a day. Have a look at
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html for more information and
rsync examples.

> 	• 	Rsync repository used - rsync.apache.org
> 	• 	Approximate bandwidth – 200  - 400GB+ per month
> 	• 	I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror
> (yes/no) - yes

Looks good and I have added your mirror to our list.

>  will need a bit of help with getting the crontab running to get the
> mirror to auto update, but as I write this am waiting for the initial
> download to complete. At this stage I do not have a 100x34 logo but am
> hoping to have one ready within the next few days.

Looks like your mirror is updating fine. If you have any problems or
questions don't hesitate to post to this list, there's usually someone
around to help you out...

Cheers,
Erik