www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Swiss mirror of apache.org changed its name
Date Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:26:03 GMT
On 02.09.2004, at 07:46, SWITCHmirror Admin wrote:

> Hi
>
> The following mirror replaces the currently listed
> sunsite.cnlab-switch.ch (in fact it is just a new server and name)
>
> http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist/
> Switzerland
> mirror@switch.ch
> 4 times per day
> 1 Gbit/s
> Yes, I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror
>
> Thank you for updating the list of mirrors.

Okay, updated your mirror with all the infos from your different mails
:)

Just one glitch:
The effective mirror configuration, especially the AllowOverride
directive is lacking the FileInfo option. You can see this when
downloading .msi files, e.g.
http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist/httpd/binaries/win32/
apache_1.3.29-win32-x86-src.msi

It doesn't get delivered with the correct Content-Type since the
required AddType directive is not allowed in .htaccess files without
'AllowOverride FileInfo' set.

Can you please have another look at the recommended config
(http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html) and fix this issue.
Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Erik