www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Silio d' Angelo" <dang...@gno.uniroma2.it>
Subject Re: New Mirror in Italy
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:32:47 GMT
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Silio d' Angelo wrote:
>
> >    Hi there,
> > since today (Mon, 19 Jul 2004) a new mirror is up in Italy.
> >
> > DETAILS of the WWW mirror

> > LOCATION: 2nd University of Rome, Rome (Italy)
> > CONTACT: dangelo@gno.uniRoma2.it
> > UPDATE FREQ: Twice id a day
> >             "rsynced" from: dev.apache.org::apache-site
>
> Why are you using dev.apache.org::apache-site?  Can you tell me where you
> got that information from, because we need to fix any documentation that
> refers to that.  It hasn't been valid in many years.

. . .

It was in the configuration file we were using about one year ago. I
wondered what would be the difference between HTTP and FTP mirrors if
both are sourced from www.apache.org::apache-dist.

Anyway, I changed the scripts to use www.apache.org::apache-dist as told
in http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html. It is a pity to not
have a true HTTP mirror though; would it make sense to "proxy-pass"
www.apache.org to allow people out here to easily access FAQs and
documentation ?

Please let me know if I misunderstood something and thanks for your
patience.

                         Silio ( dangelo@gno.uniRoma2.it )