www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Mij <...@bitchx.it>
Subject Re: Mirror Notification -- DePaul University
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 15:38:56 GMT
> But I'll note again that we much prefer
> http mirrors.  I won't even add the logo to our database, since ftp
> mirrors are never selected as "preferred" mirrors, and hence never get
> their logo displayed.

it might be useful to make this explicit on the how-to-mirror.html page,
either as "requirement" or in the introduction paragraph.

there is already "we strongly recommend that you run the Apache HTTP
Server version ..."
but it can be read "we strongly recommend http mirror, based on apache"
as well as
"if you provide http mirroring we recommend apache".

bye