www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: another italian mirror
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 01:13:34 GMT
On 05.04.2004, at 18:11, hostmaster@publicshout.org wrote:

> hello people
>
> I noticed there's only one apache mirror in Italy.
> I have surplus of bandwidth so I setup another
> mirror to help them.

Great!

> it's at
> http://mirrors.publicshout.org/apache/
>
> location is Milan, Italy
>
> the server is on a fiber optic link with an approximate
> bandwith of 10Mbps (symm). Apache mirror has
> availability for at most 1Mbps at the moment. We'll extend
> if needed.

Usually we 'recommend' a 100Mbps pipe to your country and a 10Mbps pipe
to other countries, but well, this is better than nothing :)

> The server is setup to update 3 times a day, with rsync as
> pointed out on how-to-mirror.html.
>
> I don't care logos or links to the homepage, but if you need
> a reference please link http://www.publicshout.org .
>
> You can use the address i'm writing from as official contact.

Okay, looks mostly good but can you please have another look at the
recommended configuration at
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html. Especially the
IndexOptions and the AllowOverride directives seems to be not set as
requested.

Thanks for your efforts!

Cheers,
Erik