www-mirrors mailing list archives

From "Rodrigo Campos" <rodr...@geekbunker.org>
Subject new mirror in Brazil
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:16:46 GMT
I've just finished the setup of a public Apache archives mirror in Brazil,
at Universo On Line (UOL).

UOL (http://www.uol.com.br) is the largest ISP and content provider in South
America.

Apache Version: 1.3.29
Country: Brazil
Contact email address: rcampos@uolinc.com
Update Frequency: 4 times a day, at 03:15, 09:15, 15:15, 21:15 (GMT-0300),
using rsync.
Approximate Bandwidth: 2 OC-12 Internet Backbones (622.08Mbps x 2)
I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror.

In order to speed up the listing of large directories to dial-up users, I am
using mod_gzip to compress 'httpd/unix-directory' content, and the
ExpiresDefault for this virtualhost is 1800 seconds (30 minutes).

The following logo can be used to be displayed when the UOL mirror is
selected:

http://img.uol.com.br/logouolsmall.gif

The URL for UOL is http://www.uol.com.br/

Best regards and thank's for your attention,

--
Rodrigo Campos
http://geekbunker.org/rodrigo/?sig