www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: apache.keez.nl
Date Tue, 02 Mar 2004 16:21:00 GMT

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004, KeesdeWit® - Websolutions wrote:

> Dear Erik,
>
> Is there a way to host my mirror from a windows server ?
> I would realy like to support apache but I can`t find a way to do this on my windows
server.

> If there is a way could you please let me know soon?

If rsync will work on a windows server (and I believe it will), then this
should work just fine.  You just need to figure out a way to schedule the
rsync to run automatically.

The apache part of the configuration should be exactly the same.

One other thing: Since the dist/ directory contains many symlinks, make
sure you configure rsync to copy the target of the symlink.  I don't think
the symlinks will come across correctly otherwise.

Joshua.