www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: New mirror in Hong Kong SAR
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:28:15 GMT
On 11.02.2004, at 11:07, Carfield Yim wrote:

>     * URL of mirror
>         http://www.carfield.com.hk/mirror/apache/

Looks basically good so I've included it. See below for some minor
glitches...

>     * Country where the mirror is located
>         Hong Kong SAR
>
>     * Contact email address
>         carfield@carfield.com.hk
>
>     * Update frequency
>         once per day
>
>     * Approximate bandwidth
>         only 30k...

Somewhat 'limited' but since we only have two other mirrors from Hong
Kong, I think another one can be useful.

>     * I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror
>         have put the folloing in httpd.conf
>         <Directory /path/to/mirror>
>           IndexOptions FancyIndexing NameWidth=* FoldersFirst \
>              ScanHTMLTitles DescriptionWidth=*
>           HeaderName HEADER.html
>           ReadmeName README.html
>           AllowOverride FileInfo Indexes
>           Options Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
>         </Directory>

Are you sure that IndexOptions FoldersFirst is really active? The
directory listings are sorted alphabetically right now.

>         Anything else?

Looks like there is a problem with some of the icons in your /icons/
directory (see Alias /icons/ ... in httpd.conf). E.g.
http://www.carfield.com.hk/icons/quill.gif is missing.

Cheers,
Erik