www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: ftp://ftp.leo.org/ and http://ftp.leo.org/ out of date !
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:02:21 GMT
On 10.01.2004, at 10:06, Daniel Lang wrote:

> This seems to be a mistake. My mirroring logs show, that indeed
> the apache tree was synced every day in 2004 (I did not check
> before that). I guess you can confirm this, by checking our
> "DATE" file, which changes every day and thus was fetched
> every day. I can provide you with my rsync logs, if you have
> doubts. So unless, you have changed anything serious on
> dev.apache.org (and I doubt that, because I follow the list),
> there must be some misunderstanding.

Our mirror monitor indicated that your mirror wasn't updated for
~3 days on Jan 09, please have a look at apache.org/mirrors/.
You can still see a little red unit indicating a failure on your mirror.

>> If you can restore your mirrors to a reliable and well-connected
>> state,
>> please let us know by replying directly to me or by posting to
>> mirrors@apache.org. We'll then abstain from removing them from our
>> official list. Otherwise they will be removed in the next few days.
> [..]
>
> From my view, everything works like charm. Maybe to solve the
> problem, you could point out, how you have determined, that our
> mirror was somehow not updated in 3 days?

As you expected, Mirmon checks the DATE file and displays the results
on the above webpage. Perhaps your mirror was synced every day but
the DATE file wasn't readable by Apache or there was some other
problem?

However, as I remember the problem was fixed the day after I sent
the notice. And since it's working fine now, I see no problems.

Cheers,
Erik