www-mirrors mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: Please add our mirror to the list of your mirrors
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2004 18:19:02 GMT
On 09.01.2004, at 01:06, Eugene wrote:

> It looks like some files after rsync came from your site with execute
> permission.

Right, there are some files with the executable bit set but that
shouldn't be the problem, e.g. the following file can be retrieved from
your mirror without any problems:

-rwxrwxr-x    1    user    group    690301 Mar 6 2003
./avalon/framework/v4.1.4/Avalon-4.1.4-src.zip

curl --head
apache.intissite.com/avalon/framework/v4.1.4/Avalon-4.1.4-src.zip
HTTP/1.1 200 OK

> We have 2 options:
> 1. We do change permissions on those files in our mirror
> OR
> 2. You will change it on your end
>
> We are ready to do it on our end.  What do you think?

As said, the executable bit isn't the problem. There's no need to take
any action (but if it fixes the issues I won't stop you in doing so).

The problem is with the symlinks. For example the file
http://apache.intissite.com/ant/ant-current-bin.zip is a symlink to
http://apache.intissite.com/ant/binaries/apache-ant-1.6.0-bin.zip

Requesting the symlink results in a 403 error whereas requesting the
link target itself succeeds. This leads me back to the assumption that
something with the 'Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch' directive is not
working as expected.

Hope this helps...

Cheers,
Erik